Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cat in the Hat Howls

With apologies to Dr Seuss and Alan Ginsburg, we somewhat-less-than-proudly present the first in the "Not ready for the prose" series of occasionally poetic interludes. This one is a little dark.

So, without further ado:

Cat in the Hat Howls (first posted on the Drabblecast forum:)


The sun did not shine, it was cold, and the rain
Bashed open our skulls and ate up our brains!
I sat there with Sally, screaming under the stairways,
When who do you think shoved his %*#$ in my face?
Moloch! Solitude! Filth! It was Cat in the Hat!
With a yellow paper rose twisted on a barrette!
"Don't cower unshaven looking at me like that,
My tricks are not bad," said the Cat in the Hat.
"Why, we can have loads of good fun and frolic
With a hip game we can play called "'Waking Nightmares of an Alcoholic'!"






I like dark. It's perfect for hiding a banana peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment