Friday, June 15, 2012

Taking a walk on the dark side: the UFO anthology.

Oh no, not me! Writing buddy and all-around awesome guy Alex Shvartsman is putting together an anthology called UFO: Unidentified Funny Objects. His call is pretty much funny enough to be included in the anthology itself:

http://alexshvartsman.com/ufo-unidentified-funny-objects/

And in honor of that, a poem, by me, first posted on the Drabblecast forums:

To His Coy Mistress

by Anatoly Belilovsky

An alien invasion won't make me run or scream,
I'll be the first to welcome them, of this I often dream.

I'll happily assist them when they fall from the sky,
Requiring the smartest men, such, for example, as I.

To run this world, after it's been destroyed and built anew,
I will need someone beautiful, such, for example, as you.

You'll only think of musclemen while reading “To Serve Man”,
You'll save your admiration for my long attention span,

Together we will travel the world while righting every wrong.
Oh aliens, dear aliens, what's taking you so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment