Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Down to a Sunless Sea is out!

Down to a Sunless Sea, one of my fairly early stories, is finally out - Locothology, by Loconeal Publishing, is available on Amazon as of right now, and I am expecting my contributor's copy any minute. I have a soft spot for this story; my absolute favorite thing to do with genres, assumptions, paradigms, and other shibboleths is to subvert them, and this story lets me do this with several tropes: Steampunk (I threw in nuclear power,) love stories (this one takes place in a bordello,) and Chekhov's gun.

The sad part is, in spite of having fiction by some great writers in the TOC, this book is woefully under-promoted. Hey, guys, just because my story is about ancient submariners, does not mean the book should run silent and deep after its release! Let's make some noise!

Oh, and the cover shows a moonlit seascape. What's my piece called? "Down to a Sunless Sea!" Dare I say mine is the cover story? If so, a disclaimer: there is no bat in my story. I guess I'll have to read the book to find out who wrote about the Chiroptera on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment